The ancient Rome’s center of power is still living: it is offered to our eyes silent with its suggestive ruins.
Our adventure together is to give a voice to time which changes and gives a new shape to any human invention.
We will visit the Palatine hill, standing out against the city center and dominating it, where the masters of Rome – kings, senators and emperors – lived and died. Then we will gently move down the Roman Forum valley, the ancient central square with its market, the temples of Vesta, Saturn and the deified emperors, with the seat of the political and judicial activities in the Senate house and the basilicas.
The Colosseum with its huge bulk will welcome us among its pillars and walking through the galleries, the arches and the stairways we will live back the history of the monument, from the golden age of the shows and the spectacular mortal games and beyond, to the medieval plundering and the Christian use of a monument that still nowadays celebrates the Roman building genius and tells a lot about this ancient civilization.
This is a private tour exclusively for you. You can add maximum 4 persons, for $15 p.p. which is for the ticket.
If bookings are full or closed you can call or text/whatsapp us on 0039 340 80 144 66 or send an email to email@example.com for last minute arrangements.
- Start: at "meeting point" kiosk in front of Colosseum Metro station.
- Preferred starting time: 8.30am or 3.30 pm, most crowded periods: 12.30pm
- Every first Sunday of the month entrance is free, the (security) lines are too long so we don't offer tours to the Colosseum on that day.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Price: $ 209, extra persons $15 p.p.
- Pick up at your hotel is possible, price per extra 1/2 hour is $30.
- All tour guides are officially licensed by the Ministry of Tourism of Italy
- This is a walking tour, please wear comfortable shoes.
- We will skip the line for the tickets, they are included in this tour.
- For security reasons it is NOT allowed to bring big bags, backpacks, glass and (Swiss army) knifes.
- Drinks, meals and transportation are not included.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel at least 10 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is 100% refund minus transaction and ticket costs. If you cancel between 4 and 10 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50% refund minus transaction and ticket costs. If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is no refund.
Booqify is an international network of independent professional tour guides.
With us you will be sure to be guided by a passionate, knowledgeable and officially licensed tour guide.
Click to see who we are.