Your personal tour guide will pick you up from your hotel in the center of Jerusalem. A taxi will bring you to the Mount of Olives.
On the Mount of Olives your tour starts at the Church of the Ascension, it marks the spot where Jesus ascended to heaven and there is a rock with an imprinted footprint thought to be where Jesus stood before his ascension.
Next you will visit the Church of the Pater Noster (closed on Sundays) where Jesus taught the Lord’s Prayer. There are plaques on the walls with the Lord’s Prayer written in more than a hundred languages. Visit the grotto where Jesus would have taught, which is also where Jesus told his disciples of the eminent destruction of Jerusalem and the 2nd coming. During your time at the Mount of Olives, you will have a breathtaking view of the Temple Mount, the Old City and the City of David.
After the visiting the top of Mount of Olives we will walk down and visit important sites.
You will visit the Dominus Flevit Church, which was built to commemorate the site where Jesus wept over the fate of Jerusalem. You will visit the Franciscan church designed by the famous architect Antonio Barluzzi. Next is without a doubt one of the most impressive sites in Jerusalem and one of the most moving moments in the last days of Jesus, Gethsemane or Church of all Nations. This is the church where Jesus prayed alone to God.
Next up on the tour is the Grotto of Gethsemane. The cave is decorated by Crusader frescoes and graffiti. Afterwards see the Tomb of the Virgin Mary. This Crusader church was built over a quarried-out tomb that may well date from the 1st century, surrounded with the atmosphere of the Orthodox Churches, hanging lamps and incense.
You will enter Old Jerusalem through the Lion’s Gate and visit the house of the grandparents of Jesus and the Bethesda pools, where Jesus healed the paralytic.
Next you follow the painful path of Jesus on his way to his crucifixion, the Via Dolorosa. On it you descend to the Lithostrotos ( Roman Paving ) where Jesus was held by Roman soldiers.
You will have lunch in the Old City (not included in the tour price).
The final station of the Via Dolorosa and the tour is the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, the site of the crucifixion, burial and resurrection of Jesus. This is the place where you leave your guide so you have all the time to wait to visit the Tomb of Jesus.
If you do not want to wait you can join your tour guide to Jaffa Gate to walk back to your hotel or take a taxi (the taxi back to your hotel is not included in the tour price).
It is possible to visit the Western Wall and/or the Temple Mount during this tour. Depending on the pace of the tour it means you might have to skip one of the other visits. Your tour guide will give you information. It is not possible to visit the Temple Mount on Fridays and Saturdays.
Please note: The Pater Noster Church is closed on Sundays
If bookings are full or closed you can call us on 00972 – (0)54 312 12 20 for last minute arrangements.
- Start: Jaffa Gate (click for map)
- $ 375 per tour for 8 hours
- Private tour with an English speaking private guide exclusive for you.
- Spanish, Russian, French, German, Dutch or Hungarian speaking guide guaranteed if you book two weeks in advance.
- We request a down payment of $75, the rest you pay to the guide.
- All tour guides are officially licensed by the Ministry of Tourism of Israel.
- Entrance fees, drinks and meals are not included.
- Transportation from your hotel in center of Jerusalem is included.
- Transportation back to your hotel is not included.
- Modest dress (no shorts or sleeveless shirts) and head covering are required for visiting holy sites.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel at least 10 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is 100% refund minus transaction costs. If you cancel between 4 and 10 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50% refund. If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is no refund.
Booqify is a network of independent professional tour guides in Israel.
With us you will be sure to be guided by a passionate, knowledgeable and officially licensed tour guide.
Click to see who we are and what others write about their experience with us.