Cairo has a lot to live up to; the jewel of the orient, the city of one thousand minarets and the melting-pot of ancient and modern civilizations are just a few of its monikers. To take in some of the city’s magnitude, take a once-in-a-lifetime tour to the best heritage of the city; the Giza Pyramids, the Sphinx and the Egyptian Museum of the Antiquities.
It’s not a coincidence the Great Pyramid is on everybody’s travelling list; it’s the only wonder of the ancient world still standing. Built out of local limestone, the Great Pyramid has got more than two million stone blocks and weighs six million tons! Amazingly enough, this mind-boggling structure was raised at a time the ancient Egyptians didn’t even made the wheel or the pulley!! How on earth did they build it??!!!
Proceed to the enigmatic Sphinx, the man-headed lion guarding the Pyramids since the 3rd millennium BC. About 20 meters long, 20 meters high and 8 meters wide, this mysterious statue is made out of one single piece of stone, carved out of one a natural outcrop. The Valley Temple, where the ancient Egyptian kings were mummified, houses some blocks that weigh more than 400 tons!!!
You can extend the this tour with a visit to the Egyptian Museum on Tahrir Square.
Built back in 1901, the Egyptian Museum has rapidly become Cairo’s tourist landmark. This Museum houses the best collection of ancient Egyptian artifacts in the entire world. It’s at this museum that you see the magnificent collection of the famous boy- king Tut-ankh-amon with its amazing craftsmanship. You also see the impressive mummies of the ancient Egyptian kings which still have tissue, hair, fingernails and teeth.
This is a private tour exclusively for you. You can add maximum 4 persons, the price increases because of entrance fee and different transportation above 2 persons.
If bookings are full or closed you can call us or use Whatsapp on +20 100 287 00 49 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for last minute arrangements.
- Meeting and departure point: your Hotel lobby.
- Private tour with an English speaking private guide exclusive for you including private (not shared) transportation.
- Up to two persons we use a normal taxi and from 3 persons we use a minibus.
- All tour guides are officially licensed by the Ministry of Tourism.
- Tour guide, entrance fees and transportation are included.
- Drinks and meals are not included.
- You can pay the price minus prepayment to your tour guide in US$ or equivalent in Egyptian Pound or Euro’s.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel at least 10 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is 100% refund minus transaction costs. If you cancel between 4 and 10 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50% refund. If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is no refund.
Booqify is an international network of independent professional tour guides.
With us you will be sure to be guided by a passionate, knowledgeable and officially licensed tour guide.