The Vatican palace is the residence of the pope within the city walls. The Holy See is the name given to the government of the Roman Catholic Church, which is led by the pope as the bishop of Rome. As such, the Holy See’s authority extends over Catholics throughout the world. Since 1929 it has resided in Vatican City, which was established as an independent state to enable the pope to exercise his universal authority.
Vatican City is the world’s smallest fully independent nation-state. Its medieval and Renaissance walls form its boundaries except on the southeast at St. Peter’s Square (Piazza San Pietro). Of the six entrances, only three—the piazza, the Arco delle Campane (Arch of the Bells) in the facade of St. Peter’s Basilica, and the entrance to the Vatican Museums and Galleries in the north wall—are open to the public. The most imposing building is St. Peter’s Basilica, built during the 4th century and rebuilt during the 16th century. Erected over the tomb of St. Peter the Apostle, it is the second largest religious building (after Yamoussoukro Basilica) in Christendom.
This is a private tour exclusively for you. You can add maximum 4 persons, for $20 p.p. which is for the ticket.
If bookings are full or closed you can call or text/whatsapp us on 0039 340 80 144 66 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for last minute arrangements.
- Start: at entrance into the Vatican Museum (Click on details and selct map for the exact location))
- Starting time: 9am, 11am or 1 pm (on Wednesday the church is closed until 1pm)
- Duration: 3 hours
- Price: $ 229, extra persons $20 p.p.
- Pick up at your hotel is possible, price per extra 1/2 hour is $30.
- All tour guides are officially licensed by the Ministry of Tourism of Italy
- Dress code: shoulders and legs covered
- This is a walking tour, please wear comfortable shoes.
- We will skip the line for the tickets, they are included in this tour.
- For security reasons it is NOT allowed to bring big bags, backpacks, large umbrella, glass and (Swiss army) knifes.
- Drinks, meals and transportation are not included.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel at least 10 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is 100% refund minus transaction and ticket costs. If you cancel between 4 and 10 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50% refund minus transaction and ticket costs. If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is no refund.
Booqify is an international network of independent professional tour guides.
With us you will be sure to be guided by a passionate, knowledgeable and officially licensed tour guide.
Click to see who we are.