Hello, I want to talk about The Ecole du Louvre ( Louvre School), which is an institution of higher education that offers courses in art history, archeology, epigraphy, history of civilizations, anthropology and museology.
The School is located in Paris, in the Palais du Louvre.
Founded in 1882, it has the status of a public administrative institution under the Ministry of Culture.
It offers its students a curriculum consisting of three cycles culminating in diplomas and preparatory classes for competitions for heritage curator and heritage conservator.
Parallel to this training, the Ecole du Louvre:
- allows auditors to access certain lessons for students (daily class),
- organizes other courses open to a wide audience of auditors: evening classes, summer courses, courses in regions, courses of the City of Paris,
- participates in the training of trainee auctioneers,
- organizes scientific symposia, conferences and study days,
- publishes textbooks for students and specialized research literature.
- The lessons are given in French.
- All courses are accessible under continuing education.
Thank you for your time reading my article ,
Do not hesitate to search more information about the school or contact me for a Louvre guided tour.