The Egyptian Museum of Antiquties has a long history that dates back to the year 1825 when Mohamed Ali Pasha, the ruler of Egypt at the time, issued a decree to establish a museum for the antiquities of Egypt and the first location of the museum was in front of the Azabakeya Lake, between the squares of Opera and Atabba today.
The Ruler of Egypt at this period didn’t really realize the real value of the antiquities and ancient historical finds of Egypt and they started giving them to the European tourists who visited Egypt at this period of time in the middle of the 19th century.
This is a private tour exclusively for you. You can add maximum 4 persons, the price increases because of entrance fee and different transportation above 2 persons.
- Meeting and departure point: your Hotel lobby.
- Private tour with an English speaking private guide exclusive for you including private (not shared) transportation.
- Up to two persons we use a normal taxi and from 3 persons we use a minibus.
- All tour guides are officially licensed by the Ministry of Tourism.
- Tour guide, entrance fees and transportation are included.
- Drinks and meals are not included.
- You can pay the price minus prepayment to your tour guide in US$ or equivalent in Egyptian Pound or Euro's.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel at least 10 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is 100% refund minus transaction costs. If you cancel between 4 and 10 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50% refund. If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is no refund.
Booqify is an international network of independent professional tour guides.
With us you will be sure to be guided by a passionate, knowledgeable and officially licensed tour guide.