Explore Dubai’s fascinating heritage on foot, the guide will meet you at the Palm Deira metro station. Begin your tour by having a glimpse of Dubai’s oldest fish market along with fruits & vegetable markets situated at the edges of Dubai Creek .
Your guide will be giving an overview of the culture, tradition and history of Dubai while you march towards the mesmerizing Gold Souk followed by the traditional spice souk. You will be introduced to ancient types of architecture holding the "barjeel" (wind towers). It will be worth walking in the spice souk as well to learn about the different types of spices and traditional "Souk Al Arsa".
With your guide, cross the saltwater tributary of Dubai Creek by water taxi, or abra, and visit
the ancient Hindu temple in Bur Dubai. You will be guided through the textile souk of Bur Dubai.
On arrival in the city’s historical center, meander the cobbled streets of the Al Fahidi Cultural Neighbourhood. You will be guided to the Al Fahidi fort and Dubai underground museum, Note the traditional barajeels, or wind towers, amid the art galleries and shops.
Gain admission to the Dubai Coffee Museum to learn about this significant aspect of Middle Eastern heritage. Discover brewing techniques and learn about the beans while sampling a cup of your choice and be free to taste the traditional "camel burger" at the local house restaurant next door and explore the non profit organisation called sheikh Mohammed centre for cultural understanding in the Bastakia Quarter.
Booqify Qualified Tour Guides
If bookings are closed, please use the chat box or call/text us via +971 52 795 18 50 for last minute arrangements.
- Start: Palm Deira metro station (click for map)
- $ 159 per tour for 5 hours.
- Private tour with an English speaking private guide exclusive for you.
- We request a down payment of $50, the rest you pay to the guide.
- All tour guides are officially licensed by Dubai's Department of Tourism.
- Entrance fees are included, drinks and meals are not included.
- Transportation, except for the water taxi, is not included.
- Modest dress (no shorts or sleeveless shirts) and head covering are required for visiting holy sites.
- Cancellation Policy: If you cancel at least 10 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is 100% refund minus transaction costs. If you cancel between 4 and 10 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50% refund. If you cancel within 3 days of the scheduled departure, there is no refund.
Booqify is a network of independent professional tour guides in Dubai.
With us you will be sure to be guided by a passionate, knowledgeable and officially licensed tour guide.