Highlights for Private Tour
Ile de la Cite is the heart of Paris, where the city was born in the 4th century BC.
Start: 9.30am: Pick up from your hotel.
1. We start the guided tour with the old center: the two islands of Paris: Ile de la Cite and Ile Saint Louis, where you can see the Notre Dame Cathedral.
2. It is on this island that the Kings later decided to build a Palace (that became the Court House of Paris).
3. In the 13th century, king Louis 9th, also called Saint Louis, builds the Sainte Chapelle as part of the Royal Palace. This church is a jewel.
4. Discover the story behind its construction,and make sure that you bring your camera to capture the amazing stained glasses of this temple of light.
5. Visit the Conciergerie, the former prison where Marie Antoinette was kept imprisoned before she was beheaded,and learn all about the last days of the Queen and the bloody French Revolution.
6. Walk towards Notre Dame cathedral,that you can include in your tour if you haven’t seen it yet.
Break for lunch on the quiet Ile Saint Louis.
1. This island feels like a nice and quiet oasis in the center of Paris. Find a local place for lunch,and have the best sorbet and ice cream of Paris at Berthillon, before you continue your tour.
In the afternoon, walk across the Seine towards the right bank, to explore the Marais.
1. This swampy area is one of the oldest part of Paris today. You’ll learn about the most eclectic neighborhood in Paris, known as the medieval, Jewish, hip and trendy, gay, museums part of the city.
2. During your walk you will see the oldest houses of Paris, the 17th century private mansions built for the French nobility, the Place des Vosges, the house of Victor Hugo, the synagogue of Hector Guimard, the lively Rue des Rosiers and its falafel restaurants.
3. Your guide will take you through some hidden parks and courtyards to discover all the secrets of the Marais.
Finish. You can end your tour at the Pompidou center, the modern art museum of Paris
The tour can be customized around your needs and your schedule.
Louvre Private Tour.
“Today the full day tour went very well.
With my husband and my 2 sweet girls , Flora had been attentionate and teaching history to the kids with a pedagogical and fun way! They loved the Louvre, the treasure hunt organized by Flora and we finished around 12.30pm which was just enough for them.
Then, we took the metro and ate in a local place rue de Charonne. After lunch she knew a couple of shops they would enjoy on that street (they wanted some cute clothes, and not to expensive). she is really amazing with the kids
It was perfect, we spent 2 hours there and they bought lots of little things. They were really happy. the next day we went shopping with Flora, her tips are gold!
The girls were really happy with all the gifts”
Most amazing tour ever!!!.
“This was the best tour I have ever been on!!! Flora was the guide and her knowledge of the topic and the angle of discussing the sites in the context of European history/influences/beliefs was phenomenal. I could not recommend this experience more to anyone who is interested in this topic area.
I found her through Booqify but it took some digging to eventually get to it from all the other tour offerings of Le Marais district”
Flora was knowledgeable, friendly and an excellent guide.
“Flora took us through 2,000 years of Jewish history in Paris.
If you are passionate about Jewish history I would highly recommend hiring Flora.
She brings to light many ideas, perspectives and facts that you wouldn’t otherwise find.”
Booqify is a network of independent professional tour guides in France.
With us you will be sure to be guided by a passionate, knowledgeable and officially licensed tour guide.