Highlights for Private Tour
Morning tour in the Orsay (9.30am-12pm)
Start: You meet at 9.00am, the guide picks up from your hôtel.
1. From the hôtel, you’ll take the public transportation with your guide, and learn how to take the metro (subway) in Paris. It is also possible to take a taxi or Uber from your hôtel.
2.The Orsay museum, famous for its great collection of impressionist paintings.
3. The Orsay is a magnificent building, built in 1900, at the turn of the century, as a train station. Its metallic modern structure , that might remind you of the Eiffel Tower, represents very well the industrial era, when the avant-garde was born in art.
4.A bunch of artists are the mirror of the changes that occurred in life and art in the second part and end of the 19th century. Monet, Manet, Renoir, Pissarro or Degas will change the rules of art, and create a new style in painting, soon followed by the sculptors like Carpeaux and Rodin.
5. These artists were considered very modern (or maybe too modern) for their time, and they’ll have to persist to be recognized in a world that was still afraid of change.
6.Discover some of the masterpieces, among which:
- Whistler’s mother (by Whistler), Little dancer of fourteen years (by Degas)
- Bal du Moulin de la Galette (by Renoir)
- The poppy field near Argenteuil
- Waterlilies (by Monet)
as well as the great work of the expressionist artists, like Vincent Van Gogh, with one of its wonderful Starry night, the Bedroom in Arles, or one of his most famous self-portrait.
Lunch Break in Montmartre(12pm- 2pm)
1. From the Orsay museum, take the metro to get to Montmartre, the former village outside of Paris.
2. You’ll stop in front of the Moulin Rouge on your way to Montmartre and hear about the great stories and characters at the origin of this cabaret and the French cancan.
3. Once in Montmartre, you’ll find lots of places where you can stop for lunch. There are many brasseries and bakeries (little surprise about the bakery is planned for this tour !) in this area. All the choice you need for a typical French lunch in this charming part of Paris.
Afternoon guided walking tour in Montmartre (2pm-5pm)
1. Montmartre is part of Paris today. But in the 19th century, it was still a village, built on a hill, outside of the city. The wine was cheaper here than in Paris, and the rents were low, which is why many artists decided to live in Montmartre.
2. After your morning tour in the Orsay, walk with your guide in the footsteps of Van Gogh, Renoir or Picasso in this bohemian part of the city.
3. On the way, you’ll discover some secret and exotic places, such as the “wall of Love”, the famous Moulin de la Galette (the windmill painted by Renoir), the last vineyard of Montmartre, the cute artists square,where the painters are carrying on the tradition of this bohemian area (get help from your guide if you want to buy some art).
4. Walk the the cute narrow streets of the village, and at the top of the hill, the basilica of the Sacré Coeur. At the end of your tour, you’ll enjoy being at the highest point in Paris, for an amazing view of the skyline!
Finish. 5 pm : We drop you off to a nice wine bar to taste one of the best wines in Paris, enjoy you the rest of your Apéro à la Française!
The tour can be customized around your needs and your schedule.
Louvre Private Tour.
“Today the full day tour went very well.
With my husband and my 2 sweet girls , Flora had been attentionate and teaching history to the kids with a pedagogical and fun way! They loved the Louvre, the treasure hunt organized by Flora and we finished around 12.30pm which was just enough for them.
Then, we took the metro and ate in a local place rue de Charonne. After lunch she knew a couple of shops they would enjoy on that street (they wanted some cute clothes, and not to expensive). she is really amazing with the kids
It was perfect, we spent 2 hours there and they bought lots of little things. They were really happy. the next day we went shopping with Flora, her tips are gold!
The girls were really happy with all the gifts”
Most amazing tour ever!!!.
“This was the best tour I have ever been on!!! Flora was the guide and her knowledge of the topic and the angle of discussing the sites in the context of European history/influences/beliefs was phenomenal. I could not recommend this experience more to anyone who is interested in this topic area.
I found her through Booqify but it took some digging to eventually get to it from all the other tour offerings of Le Marais district”
Flora was knowledgeable, friendly and an excellent guide.
“Flora took us through 2,000 years of Jewish history in Paris.
If you are passionate about Jewish history I would highly recommend hiring Flora.
She brings to light many ideas, perspectives and facts that you wouldn’t otherwise find.”
Booqify is a network of independent professional tour guides in France.
With us you will be sure to be guided by a passionate, knowledgeable and officially licensed tour guide.