Operated by Abraham Tours
- Climb Masada as the sun rises
- Witness the magnificent view as the sun rises over the crisp Dead Sea waters, and mountains in the distance. One of the world’s greatest sunrises.
- Hike in the beautiful Ein Gedi Nature Reserve
- Float in the Dead Sea and immerse yourself in the therapeutic mud
- 03:00 – 04:00 (changes seasonally) – Pick up at Abraham Hostel-Davidka Square
- 03:15 – 04:15 (changes seasonally) – (Upon Request Only) – Pickup from Carta Parking Lot (Jaffa Gate)
- 05:30 – Arrival at Masada, hike up to top
- 08:30 – Ein Gedi Nature Reserve
- 11:00 – Dead Sea Beach
- 12:30 – 13:30 (changes seasonally) – Arrive back in Jerusalem.
- NB: All times are approximate, and due to seasonal variations in the sunrise time, the start time of this tour varies throughout the year.
- See your booking screen for pickup time on chosen date.
- No drop-off at Jaffa Gate (Abraham Hostel & in proximity to Damascus Gate only)
- Things to know
- – This is a self-guided tour, meaning that it includes full transportation and printed guiding materials, but no actual guide.
- – We recommend to bring a packed breakfast with you or to have breakfast before the tour as there is nothing available to purchase at Masada.
- – In the unlikely event of there being flooding at Ein Gedi, we will instead go to Qumran or a similar location
The only regular tour of Masada at sunrise! This is a unique tour taking you from Jerusalem to Masada, Ein Gedi, and the Dead Sea in the early hours so that you arrive at Masada in time to see the beautiful sun rise across the Dead Sea and Jordanian Mountains.
Leaving from Jerusalem early in the morning, we’ll drive south, through the dark desert, to the foot of Masada. As you begin to climb the famous ‘Snake Path’, a moderate one hour hike, the sun will begin to rise over the Dead Sea, and Moab Mountains of Jordan in the distance. By the time you reach the top, the beautiful sunrise will have illuminated the landscape, providing breathtaking views. After spending a couple of hours exploring the archaeological ruins at Masada, descend again by foot, and we’ll continue to Ein Gedi. A beautiful oasis in the Judean Desert, you’ll take a short hike along the spring, stopping to relax by the cool and refreshing pools. The final stop of the day is at the lowest point on earth, the Dead Sea. You’ll float in the salty waters and immerse yourself in the famous therapeutic mud which is sold around the world as a beauty treatment before returning to Jerusalem.
Our Masada sunrise tour is the only tour which allows you to experience this beautiful and famous sunrise, and becomes for many, the unexpected highlight of their time in Israel.